We all dream of achieving big things in our life, but how many of us can convert them to realty? We generally think the person succeeding has a great mind or have better resources or have born with some skills that we lack and hence he can do, and we cannot. We compromise with our situations, leaving our dreams aside and start responding to the practical things.
I don’t say that we should ignore the practical things but, finding out the right reason for your goal (there should be a genuine reason) and then planning correctly without ignoring the practicality is important. There is no science or logic or calculation that can help us in succeeding or stop us from the same. This all will be achieved through our thoughts. In his famous work ‘The Art of War,’ Sun Tzu has mentioned – “Every Battle is Won or Lost Before it is Ever Fought.” This statement very well holds for success as well, the way we prepare ourselves for achieving our goals will decide the results. The preparation is a long process in itself, including lots of reasoning and planning. Our thinking must be positive and should be supported by a perfect reasoning. Here I will be sharing six thought provoking quotes from a great philosopher Albert Einstein, that will help in shaping our thoughts. Once we will have our thoughts inline, we will never fail to plan strategically.
1. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious” – Curiosity helps in enhancing our imagination. We generally don’t ask question as we may consider, it increases our work or land us in problem or simply, we are not interested in things that don’t bother us. But when we ask questions it makes our brain function more to solve our problems. It’s my personal experience that when we ask relevant questions, we find solution to many such problems, which we consider not related to the situation.
2. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new” – Fear of failing or blames always stops us from trying. Unless we try, we will not learn and hence will not grow. No matter if we make a mistake, we will always learn from that. I have experienced, the lesson taken directly will give limited knowledge. When we practice and commit mistakes, we find solutions. People may laugh at you, but your mistakes makes you perfect. Mistakes are the best teachers.
3. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value” – One should strive to generate value in the work he is doing rather than running behind success. At time we define our success around materialistic things, having a big house, a business, BMW, and so on. Generating value out of this success for us and the society gives us happiness. Real happiness comes from sharing and helping others.
4. ” Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience” – Just by collecting lots of information and data doesn’t help anyone. We must experience to get hands on knowledge. That’s the reason we have practical lessons and not just a booklet filled with information regarding a skill. One cannot learn swimming by sitting outside the pool.
5. “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else” – Einstein gave an awesome thought through this quote, he showed us the value of rules and regulations. We all are quick to judge and are highly impatient in learning any new skill or any lesson. We may like it or not we must learn all the rules. And only then we can play better to win. From my experience I would say one must know thoroughly because at times we are required to plan our defensive moves even if we are not interested in playing.
6. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge” – We all have imaginations for our future. Imagination guides our action and leads in the direction to achieve our goals. Knowledge is important but imagination helps in setting our targets and gives creativity. The power of imagination helps in thinking further to achieve our goals in life.
I agree it’s hard to stay positive all the times, but same goes for negative side, it’s not possible to hold on to the negativity for long else, negativity will engulf you. Nothing is built or demolished in one day. We are required to take a single step every time. No success is achieved in a single day. It takes lots of preparation along with the right approach. If we will not have right approach and zeal to achieve then a small hurdle will deviate us from our path. We must be consistent and adaptive in our approach.